Get excited – online giving is definitely on the rise!
But, it’s important to manage your expectations.
Online giving, while definitely growing, is still a very minor part of overall funds raised for nonprofits. (In other words, don’t throw out that direct mail appeal just yet!)
Search Mojo has created the below infographic, drawing on research from the 2013 eNonprofit Benchmark Study, M + R Strategic Services, NTEN, Blackbaud’s Online Marketing Benchmark Study for Nonprofits and Common Knowledge.
Interesting points to consider:
- The average online gift is $89
- 92% of nonprofits who invest in a video marketing strategy find value in it
- The average value of a Facebook fan is $214.81 (over 12 months)
The infographic also describes two other low-cost ways that nonprofits can spread the word online – Google Grants and YouTube for Nonprofits.
Both programs are definitely worth checking out and exploring for your nonprofit.
The message is clear – the rise in online giving is creating a fantastic opportunity for nonprofits to connect with donors, grow their supporter base and raise awareness for their cause, using online tools.
How will your nonprofit incorporate online tools into it’s annual fundraising strategy this year?
Want to learn more about how your nonprofit could use Instagram? Get the Ultimate Guide to Instagram for Small Nonprofits!
Get this free e-book and you will receive:
- Updated information on Instagram and the rising popularity of the visual social network;
- A step-by-step guide to setting up your nonprofit with free Instagram Business tools;
- A complete run-down and review of 10 specific ways to use Instagram to raise money and awareness for your cause - with real-world examples!
I provide you with all the tips and secrets that I use in my business and with my nonprofit clients, to get them results using Instagram! Sign up now to secure your spot!