Storytelling Summer School is in session! Haven’t signed up yet? Not to worry! Sign up here and you will get access to all previous and future lessons.
In this week’s lesson, I give specific examples of digital storytelling tactics to use during your next fundraising campaign.
Here the 10 specific ways to use digital storytelling in your next fundraising campaign that I cover in this mini-training:
1) Use powerful video and ask for a contribution to the campaign during the video and at the end.
2) Colorful action photos with a story of your program in action. Ask people to read more at your website, and incorporate a donation ask there.
3) Share stories about staff member’s family and encourage you online community to share their stories.
4) Provide and update on a client and encourage people to read more on your campaign website.
5) Ask for messages of support and encouragement to the people that you serve.
6) Share frequent updates and successes, while encouraging people to contribute if they haven’t had time to do so already.
7) Educate and inform, share a piece of information that is unexpected to tell a fuller picture of the work that you do.
8) Behind-the-scenes stories at your program work well.
9) Use the Facebook Donate button during a Facebook Live talking about your fundraising campaign. Individuals who want to raise money on your behalf can also add the Facebook Donate button for your nonprofit to their Facebook Live videos.
10) Acknowledge and thank, and offer opportunities to get involved. Create a sense of urgency with your asks – “Only need 257 more people to give to unlock a $50,000 matching gift!”
[FREE Master Class] How to Launch a FABULOUS #GivingTuesday Campaign with Less Work and More Impact
During this FREE 60-minute Master Class, you'll learn:
- The reasons that so many #GivingTuesday campaigns fall flat, and solutions to ensure that you don’t make the same mistakes;
- The 3 essential steps to take to ensure that you launch a campaign that will slay your goals and energize your supporters;
- How to narrow your focus and reach the right supporters with the right message and the right time;
- The proven method that my clients have used to secure buy-in from staff and supervisors who may be skeptical about online fundraising and giving days;
- A clear process to prioritize your ideas and turn them into actionable tasks.
You do NOT want to miss this LIVE training! Sign up and secure your spot.