Storytelling Summer School is in session! Haven’t signed up yet? Not to worry! Sign up here and you will get access to all previous and future lessons.
In this week’s lesson, I give specific examples of digital storytelling tactics to use during your next fundraising campaign.
Here the 10 specific ways to use digital storytelling in your next fundraising campaign that I cover in this mini-training:
1) Use powerful video and ask for a contribution to the campaign during the video and at the end.
2) Colorful action photos with a story of your program in action. Ask people to read more at your website, and incorporate a donation ask there.
3) Share stories about staff member’s family and encourage you online community to share their stories.
4) Provide and update on a client and encourage people to read more on your campaign website.
5) Ask for messages of support and encouragement to the people that you serve.
6) Share frequent updates and successes, while encouraging people to contribute if they haven’t had time to do so already.
7) Educate and inform, share a piece of information that is unexpected to tell a fuller picture of the work that you do.
8) Behind-the-scenes stories at your program work well.
9) Use the Facebook Donate button during a Facebook Live talking about your fundraising campaign. Individuals who want to raise money on your behalf can also add the Facebook Donate button for your nonprofit to their Facebook Live videos.
10) Acknowledge and thank, and offer opportunities to get involved. Create a sense of urgency with your asks – “Only need 257 more people to give to unlock a $50,000 matching gift!”
Free printable download - Story Collection Worksheet!
The Story Collection Worksheet is a must-have for the organized nonprofit storyteller.
Just follow the questions on this worksheet, and you will have a plan for collecting and telling various kinds of stories to showcase the impact of your work!
Enter your email, get the download, and other free goodies from time to time. Unsubscribe at any time.