Storytelling Summer School is in session! Haven’t signed up yet? Not to worry! Sign up here and you will get access to all previous and future lessons.
In this week’s lesson, I give specific examples of digital storytelling tactics to use during your next fundraising campaign.
Here the 10 specific ways to use digital storytelling in your next fundraising campaign that I cover in this mini-training:
1) Use powerful video and ask for a contribution to the campaign during the video and at the end.
2) Colorful action photos with a story of your program in action. Ask people to read more at your website, and incorporate a donation ask there.
3) Share stories about staff member’s family and encourage you online community to share their stories.
4) Provide and update on a client and encourage people to read more on your campaign website.
5) Ask for messages of support and encouragement to the people that you serve.
6) Share frequent updates and successes, while encouraging people to contribute if they haven’t had time to do so already.
7) Educate and inform, share a piece of information that is unexpected to tell a fuller picture of the work that you do.
8) Behind-the-scenes stories at your program work well.
9) Use the Facebook Donate button during a Facebook Live talking about your fundraising campaign. Individuals who want to raise money on your behalf can also add the Facebook Donate button for your nonprofit to their Facebook Live videos.
10) Acknowledge and thank, and offer opportunities to get involved. Create a sense of urgency with your asks – “Only need 257 more people to give to unlock a $50,000 matching gift!”
[FREE Master Class] Mapping Out Your Nonprofit Marketing Calendar for 2018
In this FREE Master Class for nonprofit marketers, you will learn:
- The top 5 digital marketing trends for nonprofits in 2018;
- My step-by-step guide to building your nonprofit marketing calendar;
- Your very own Made-to-Order 2018 Nonprofit Marketing Calendar template for you to customize with your promotions, events, and activities;
- How to build in accountability and follow through as you work the plan;
- Free and low-cost tools to use to save time and inspire creativity when creating content in the new year.
You will walk away with a customized marketing calendar that you can actually use to crush your goals in 2018, and some creative ideas and inspiration to boot!
BONUS: You will also get to ask your specific questions in our live Coaching Q&A Session!
You do NOT want to miss this LIVE training! Sign up and secure your spot.