I know what’s going to happen.
On November 28, if you are like most nonprofit organizations across the world, you will be reaching out to your supporters to give!
You will expect them to enter their credit card info just because… because… well, because it’s #GivingTuesday and that’s what people do. Right?
Well, not exactly. Thousands of nonprofits have that exact same idea.
Online donations on #GivingTuesday skyrocketed from $116.4 million in 2015 to a whopping $168 million in 2016, with over 1,560,000 gifts being recorded. Blackbaud anticipates record-breaking donations to continue this year.
If you aren’t familiar with the international phenomenon, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
All the hype and media coverage means even more nonprofits participating. So, how will you reach your donors on #GivingTuesday?
How will you get your ask seen among the DOZENS of emails and social media posts that will no doubt inundate your donors?
I can help you. I have designed this special #GivingTuesday Campaign Planning Package, just for nonprofits like yours!
NOTE: I can only offer this service to three organizations – I am only one person, after all!
The deadline to start planning a successful #GivingTuesday campaign is FAST approaching. Email me today to request more details about how I can help.
What is #GivingTuesday?
Glad you asked! In the description taken right from their website, “#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration. Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.”
In it’s fourth year, #GivingTuesday saw the biggest increase in donations yet, growing from $45.6 million in online donations in 2014 to a whopping $116.4 million in 2015 according to information compiled by Impact Lab.
Will it take away from our annual fund or end-of-year giving campaigns?
When done correctly, it will hopefully spearhead and jumpstart those campaigns! We will discuss this in great detail when formulating your specific #GivingTuesday campaign plan.
What will we do together if we hire you to help us with our #GivingTuesday campaign?
Great question! Here are just some of the things we will do together:
- Create a Campaign Calendar and Timeline to define exactly what needs to be done before, during, and after the campaign
- Develop a plan to identify, recruit, and train Social Media Ambassadors to help you raise money on #GivingTuesday
- Assemble a Social Media Tool Kit for your Ambassadors (and anyone else interested in helping you promote the campaign)
- Recruit a matching fund sponsor to create more urgency in the campaign
- Craft a unique message and storyline for your campaign that will cut through the clutter
- Explore ways to use video in your campaign
- Get your website, email, blog, and social media channels ready
- Discuss how to form an active Giving Tuesday Committee to break down organizational silos and to ensure buy-in from all levels of your nonprofit
You will walk away with a customized #GivingTuesday campaign map that includes:
- A checklist of all the necessary marketing assets for your 2016 online awareness campaign, and a plan for acquiring them
- Fully explained campaign concept, message, and storyline
- SMART campaign goals: Data points to track in order to measure and evaluate success
- Campaign Calendar and Timeline – what needs to be done before, during, and after the campaign
- Projected campaign budget for implementation, including social media advertising and any necessary software acquisition
Please note, THIS PACKAGE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE!
Your nonprofit must be open to new ideas, willing to think through new ways to reach donors, and be willing and able to use photos, visuals, and video in your online communications.
I can help you with all of that, though – just shoot me an email and let me know what you’re thinking.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Want to learn more about using social media to tell your nonprofit's stories?
Then you need to join me at Storytelling Summer School!
I created this absolutely FREE 6-week training program specifically for you to sharpen your your social media storytelling skills in time for the year-end fundraising rush.
Sign up now to secure your spot!