Want to get more engagement (Likes, shares, comments) on your Facebook page?
Zarrella, a “Social Media Scientist” and online influencer, compiled information from 1.3 million posts from the “top 10,000 pages” on Facebook, in order to find out things like:
- When is the best time to post?
- How long should posts be ideally?
- What type of post gets the most engagement?
Here’s some of the interesting things that he found:
- Posts published on Saturdays and Sundays get more Likes than those posted during the week.
- Posting later in the day (Eastern Time!) gets you more Likes and Shares.
- Short posts get more Likes and longer posts get more Shares.
- Photos get more engagement than News Links (the lowest), video or just text.
The full infographic is here:
Do you need a step-by-step guide to creating digital storytelling campaigns?
You are in luck!
Sign up and get a free chapter of my new book, Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits. This book is designed to be a step-by-step how-to guide for small and mid-size nonprofits that want to learn how to set goals, measure results, and carry out amazingly successful digital storytelling campaigns!
When you sign up, you will also receive my free weekly bulletin with tips, tricks, and advice for savvy nonprofits on how to kick butt at online marketing and fundraising.