You may also need someone well-versed in the struggles and challenges facing the nonprofit sector – someone real, who can speak the language and tell the in-the-trenches stories.
You are in the right place! I’m Julia.
I’ve written two books for nonprofit marketers, worked directly with dozens of nonprofits, small and large, and I publish a weekly blog and newsletter read by thousands.
Email me to schedule your free consultation to explore a speaking engagement. I am comfortable customizing and tailoring all presentations to your specific audience’s needs and working with you closely on the content of the talk. You can download my Speaker Brochure here.
Signature Presentation Topics*
How to Spread Ideas with Storytelling: Getting People from Passive to Passionate
How to Future-Proof Your Nonprofit: Thrive (Don’t Just Survive) in the Digital Age
Donor Retention in the Digital Age: How to Drive Donor Engagement with Social Media
The Art of Storytelling in the Digital Age: How to Create a Digital Storytelling System That Works
*can be presented as a keynote or as a tactical session
Speaking Engagements 2020
- Cause Camp 2020 – host and MC
- Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands (PPCI) Annual Meeting
- Peer to Peer (P2P) Professional Forum
- Kitsap Community Foundation Nonprofit Learning Summit
- #20NTC – Nonprofit Technology Conference
- AFP International Conference
- NAYDO Conference on YMCA Philanthropy
- The Community Foundation for the Greater Capital Region Conference
- Planet Philanthropy
- Classy Collaborative
- AFP New Orleans Philanthropy Day
- Qgiv Fundraising Lab
- Wyoming Community Foundation 2020 Conference
- State Policy Network Conference
- Do More Good Conference
- AFP West Palm Beach Chapter
- Philanthropy MA
- Brain Injury Association of America
- AFP Central Florida Chapter
Past Speaking Engagements
- BW Nice (Business Women Networking Involving Charity and Education)
- Philanthropy Massachusetts
- New England Association for Healthcare Philanthropy Annual Education Conference
- Nonprofit Technology Conference
- AFP Connecticut Chapter
- Cause Camp
- Cape Cod & Plymouth Digital Marketing Summit
- AFP International Conference #AFPICON
- Tech Networks of Boston
- Massachusetts Conference on Volunteerism
- Greater Lowell Development Group
- Liberty Bank Foundation Annual Conference
- People’s United Nonprofit Consortium
- Blackbaud 20/20 with Microsoft
- Classy Collaborative
- Planet Philanthropy
- NonProfit POWER Conference
- The Giving Institute Summer Symposium
- AFP Fundraising Day Wisconsin
- Nonprofit Social Media Summit
- AFP Capital Region Fundraising Day
- Giving DuPage Nonprofit Partners Conference
- .ORG DC Forum & Awards Ceremony – Public Interest Registry
- New York State Children’s Alliance’s Leadership Conference
- AFP Fundraising Day Reading PA
- Kentucky Nonprofit Leadership Forum
- Connecticut Nonprofit Alliance Conference
- AFP Fundraising Day in Boston
- Donor Relations Guru 4 Pillars Conference Boston
- California Hospital Volunteer Leadership Conference
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America National Conference
- Social Media Day at UMass Boston
- Nonprofit Tech Club Boston (NTEN chapter)
- Meals on Wheels Annual Conference & Expo
- Lady Boss Marketing Bootcamp
- Facebook Community Boost Menlo Park, CA
- Susan G. Komen South Florida in partnership with Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at the National Leadership Institute
- Synergy Social Media Marketing Forum in Moscow
- Nonprofit Day
- Massachusetts Conference for Women
- Third Sector New England
**To get the most up-to-date information on all of speaking engagements, please sign up for email updates – and get a free chapter of my book as a bonus!
See My Work
To see sample presentations and webinar slide decks that I have provided to dozens of groups, large and small, please visit my SlideShare page.
Do you need a step-by-step guide to creating digital storytelling campaigns?
You are in luck!
Sign up and get a free chapter of my new book, Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits. This book is designed to be a step-by-step how-to guide for small and mid-size nonprofits that want to learn how to set goals, measure results, and carry out amazingly successful digital storytelling campaigns!
When you sign up, you will also receive my free weekly bulletin with tips, tricks, and advice for savvy nonprofits on how to kick butt at online marketing and fundraising.