I increase the clarity, confidence, and capacity of nonprofits in the areas of social media marketing and online fundraising.
So, what’s unique about me?
1) I believe in what I do. I firmly believe in the power of technology and online tools to help nonprofits tell their stories, to connect with stakeholders, and to advocate on behalf of clients. I’ve seen it work.
2) I understand nonprofits and the unique challenges they confront. I’ve been a one person Development and Marketing Department, a volunteer and a Board Member. Having spent my career in the nonprofit and public sectors, I understand the specific obstacles that marketing and fundraising professionals face every day – isolation, wearing multiple hats, high expectations, and increasing responsibilities.
3) I know what I’m doing. I don’t just play around on social media for fun. I attend conferences, read blogs, take webinars and read relevant publications to constantly be on top of all the changes in the social media and nonprofit landscape. I am also a published author!
4) I focus my work with nonprofit organizations. This allows me to specialize and focus on the unique needs of the third sector. The lack of capacity, support and resources available for nonprofits in the area of digital marketing and social media is the reason I started my business. J Campbell Social Marketing was founded in 2010 – built for nonprofits as a way to enable them to reach their goals using digital marketing and social media.
5) I won’t sell you on social media if you aren’t ready. My goals are to help nonprofit professionals stay focused, gain confidence, and get organized.
6) I get it. It’s tough out there. Many nonprofits do not have the money to employ full or part-time fundraising and marketing staff people. That’s why I offer comprehensive training to get your social media efforts up and running and to fully prepare you to sustain these efforts after our engagement.
Road Scholar: Helped create their #AgeAdventurously online campaign that includes three components – a Facebook story contest, Facebook quizzes, and a Facebook photo contest, with the goal of email acquisition and community engagement.
Make-A-Wish Foundation: Worked with three different chapters on the conception, implementation, and measurement of individual Mother’s/Father’s Day and Back-to-School online campaigns, which raised over 500k.
FHI 360 Educational Equity: Created a Social Media Tool Kit and online campaign to launch their national initiative, Right from the Start in the Digital Age, #digitalagekids.
Plummer Home for Boys: Helped to create and implement their first online awareness campaign focused on increasing foster care placements and dispelling myths about foster care children.
Essex County Greenbelt Association: Developed the idea of #WeAreGreenbelt, their first multi-channel campaign designed to drive membership and increase engagement on their social media channels.
North Shore Elder Services launched a new program for caregivers called The Longevity Connection. I worked with them to create the marketing message and plan, launch a brand new website and create and maintain several social media profiles.
The North Shore Cancer Walk needed to raise awareness for their annual fundraising walk. I coached their marketing team on ways to build engagement on Facebook, Twitter and through their blog, and we created a plan and calendar to bring all their marketing efforts together.
Beverly Main Streets needed a social media presence to raise awareness of their events and programs. I coached their tiny staff on how to utilize Facebook and email marketing together to grow an engaged and informed community and increase attendance at events.
I have conducted half and full day social media trainings for dozens of nonprofits including local food pantries, community foundations, United Ways, civic organizations and hospitals with the goal of getting them focused online, providing best practice examples in their industry and creating a doable plan of action.
Want to know more about digital storytelling?
Sign up and get a free chapter of my new book, Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits.
When you sign up, you will also receive my free weekly bulletin with tips, tricks, and advice for savvy nonprofits on how to kick butt at online marketing and fundraising.
See you in your inbox! Enjoy the chapter, and let me know what you think!