There is no doubt that visuals are driving social media communications.
According to a great new infographic created by M Booth and Simply Measured, visual marketing tactics are energizing company interactions and engagement with customers on social media:
- On Facebook, videos are shared 12X more than links and text posts combined.
- On Facebook, photos are liked 2X more than text updates.
- 42% of all Tumblr posts are photos.
- On YouTube, 100 million users are taking a social action on videos every week.
- Photo and video posts on Pinterest are referring more traffic than Twitter, StumbleUpon, LinkedIn, and Google+.
Another infographic by Wishpond states that 36% of all shared links on Twitter are photos!
That is the basis of my presentation this morning on visual marketing, specifically how to use Pinterest and Instagram for your business.
My presentation from today’s Social Media Breakfast North Shore is here:
Description: Social Media Breakfast North Shore is led by Ari Herzog and brings together entrepreneurs, marketers, and web geeks for a morning of professional development and sharing of social media ideas and insights.
Our 7th breakfast occurs at Cygnet Confections in Peabody and features a presentation by Julia Campbell, President of J Campbell Social Marketing.
SMBNS 7: Pinterest, Instagram, and Creating a Visual Online Brand, Tuesday, May 28, 2013 @ 8 a.m., Cygnet Confections, 139 Lynnfield Street, Suite 101, Newhall Crossing, Peabody
Online marketing is visual. If you are not telling your story to your customers in a visual way, you may be ignored or left behind. Julia will discuss the benefits of using Instagram and Pinterest for your business and the ways these two visual social media platforms can help you connect with existing customers and get in front of new ones.
Anyone who takes pictures of our event at the bakery and shares them across social networking channels may be eligible for a special discount! Our hashtag for this event is #smbns.
Want to learn more about how your nonprofit could use Instagram? Get the Ultimate Guide to Instagram for Small Nonprofits!
Get this free e-book and you will receive:
- Updated information on Instagram and the rising popularity of the visual social network;
- A step-by-step guide to setting up your nonprofit with free Instagram Business tools;
- A complete run-down and review of 10 specific ways to use Instagram to raise money and awareness for your cause - with real-world examples!
I provide you with all the tips and secrets that I use in my business and with my nonprofit clients, to get them results using Instagram! Sign up now to secure your spot!