Did you know that:
- 6.7 million people blog on blogging sites
- 23% of time spent on the Internet is on blogs and social networks
- 70% of consumers learn about brands through articles and blog posts rather than ads
I was not able to find specific numbers on nonprofits and blogging, but I do know some compelling reasons why nonprofits should explore this online marketing tool:
- To improve SEO – search engine results.
- To build trust and community.
- To establish yourself as an authority on the issue.
- If you are active on social media, you will always have new content to post!
- To drive website traffic, email sign ups, social media followers and even donations.
Want to learn more? On November 5, I will be presenting a FREE webinar with Nonprofit Webinars (a service of 4Good). (The slides are here: http://www.slideshare.net/juliagulia77/131105-nonprofit-blogging-best-practices)
I hope you can join me! The topic will be Nonprofit Blogging Best Practices: Why Your Nonprofit Needs a Blog and How to Create a Great One.