Many brands and organizations have a big problem on Facebook – getting engagement on their posts.
When I say “engagement”, I don’t mean numbers of fans, reach or number of posts on the Page.
Engagement measures real time reactions to your Facebook activity – whether or not your fans Like, comment on and/or share your posts.
It begs the question: Do our Facebook fans care about what we are posting?
If you are in the same boat as most business Facebook pages, the answer is a resounding NO (most of the time).
This doesn’t mean that you should resort to posting inauthentic, fake and pandering content just to get a few Likes.
There is help. Take a look at this great infographic from American Express OPEN Forum on ways to improve engagement.
- Posts with images receive 39% more interaction than posts without images. (Interaction = engagement, in case you were wondering.)
- Short posts (defined as those containing 80 characters or less) get 24% more engagement from fans. So keep it short and sweet.
- 25% of people who use Twitter and Facebook to complain about brands expect a response within an hour. And 6% of users expect one within 10 minutes! So, yes, you need to be responsive, in real time. (No checking in just once a week!)
- Some food for thought: For every Facebook fan you get to engage (Like, share, comment), there are 34 more reachable friends around the virtual bend. That’s just an estimate – I have over 500 friends and the average Facebook user has 130 friends.
Leave your ideas and advice for creating engagement on Facebook in the Comments section. Thanks for reading!
Want to learn more about how your nonprofit could use Instagram? Get the Ultimate Guide to Instagram for Small Nonprofits!
Get this free e-book and you will receive:
- Updated information on Instagram and the rising popularity of the visual social network;
- A step-by-step guide to setting up your nonprofit with free Instagram Business tools;
- A complete run-down and review of 10 specific ways to use Instagram to raise money and awareness for your cause - with real-world examples!
I provide you with all the tips and secrets that I use in my business and with my nonprofit clients, to get them results using Instagram! Sign up now to secure your spot!