Hard to believe but #GivingTuesday is only a little over one month away!
Is this powerhouse giving day right for your nonprofit? Participation numbers and dollars raised skyrocketed last year, and are sure to increase even more in 2017.
Time is running out, but the good news is, if you plan well and if you plan strategically, it’s not too late to start.
(Check out my Master Class featuring a step-by-step guide to preparing for #GivingTuesday, some inspiring ideas and examples, and a Done-For-You Campaign Calendar to pull it all together quickly.)
Ally360 created this nifty infographic to help nonprofit marketers and fundraisers get buy-in from their teams and their supervisors.
I personally like the 8 useful tips that they give nonprofits to launch a successful campaign on #GivingTuesday:
1. Optimize your donation pathway.
2. Start early with a pre-launch email drip series.
3. Recruit social media ambassadors and empower them with fundraising tools.
4. Tap your existing community.
5. Enable text-to-give campaigns.
6. Get matching donations from corporate partners and major donors.
7. Harness the social elements of #GivingTuesday.
8. Thank and encourage donors with videos that inspire them to get involved.
Download this free Giving Tuesday Key Decisions Worksheet and start making a simple, strategic #GivingTuesday plan for your nonprofit!
Do you need a step-by-step guide to creating digital storytelling campaigns?
You are in luck!
Sign up and get a free chapter of my new book, Storytelling in the Digital Age: A Guide for Nonprofits. This book is designed to be a step-by-step how-to guide for small and mid-size nonprofits that want to learn how to set goals, measure results, and carry out amazingly successful digital storytelling campaigns!
When you sign up, you will also receive my free weekly bulletin with tips, tricks, and advice for savvy nonprofits on how to kick butt at online marketing and fundraising.